Groups that reserve the OEC for their use have several options available to them concerning meals.
- Self-Catered: Groups can provide their own food either by bringing in prepared food or using the available equipment located in the Recreation Hall, Dining Hall, or outdoor grills. *Please note, this DOES NOT include kitchen access. In order to reserve access to the kitchen space, countertops, fridges, or kitchen equipment, a contract must be signed and a fee paid to Rockwood School District Child Nutrition Services. (See option 2 below.)
- Available equipment includes:
Self-Catered with Kitchen Rental: Groups may rent the kitchen space or equipment per meal or per day for the length of their stay. Kitchen rental requests must be made to Rockwood School District Child Nutrition Services (See option 3 below.)
- Dining Hall: Two refrigerators, freezer access, a toaster, and a microwave. There is a large stainless steel sink near the bathrooms for washing dishes and a large storage closet for food and supplies. Trays, cups, utensils, and bowls are now available for rent.
- Recreation Hall: A four-burner stove-top (no oven), a refrigerator, a microwave, and a toaster. There are cubbies and cabinets for food and supply storage.
Food Service: Rockwood School District Child Nutrition Services can provide nutritious and tasty meals for groups during their stay at Babler Outdoor Education Center. Meals are expertly prepared by caring staff members in the professional kitchen on site. Groups can enjoy a wide range of choices, from a continental breakfast to a roast turkey and stuffing dinner, from pizza for lunch to s’mores for dessert! Meals are priced per person, per meal, and served cafeteria-style. The menu is available below and will be decided upon by the group leader and kitchen manager prior to the group’s arrival.
- Kitchen Storage/Counter Use: contact us for 2021 rate- (Equipment NOT included.)
- Full Kitchen Rental: per meal rate - contact us for 2021 rate- (Daily storage rate will be added if materials are kept in the kitchen between meals.)
- Full Kitchen Rental: daily rate – contact us for 2021 rate- (Daily storage rate will be added if materials are kept in the kitchen on days when meals are not prepared.)
- Available for groups of 50 or more. Group can choose to have some or all of their meals provided. (For groups of fewer than 50, food service may be available if the group agrees to pay for 50 meals.)
- Food service must be arranged by contacting the Kitchen Manager; Starr Giammanco at (636) 733-3259 or email@example.com at least 30 days in advance of a group’s stay by.
- Food service is billed separately from facility usage charges and will require a separate deposit.
- User group MUST notify Rockwood School District Child Nutrition Services of any changes in the number of meals requested up to 14 days prior to arrival. No changes will be available after 14 days prior to arrival. The user group will be financially responsible for the estimated number of meals on the Guaranteed Number Form or the number of people actually served, whichever is greater.