There are two ways your group can experience the Babler Outdoor Education Center (OEC):
- Rent the facility and manage your own program
- Work with Babler OEC staff to create a customized program to meet your needs
See below for more information on the option that best fits your needs.
Rent the Babler OEC
Organized groups may request use of the Babler OEC through our application process as follows:
- Applications for the next calendar year are accepted beginning August 1 for groups that serve individuals with disabilities.
- All other applications for the next calendar year are accepted beginning October 1.
- Applications will be considered based on eligibility/priority of the group and the order they were received. Groups will be notified after December 1 if their application is accepted.
Groups are encouraged to contact the Babler OEC office to schedule a tour of the facility and check available dates prior to submitting an application. Applications are available through the Babler OEC office. Groups are responsible for reading and following all policies and procedures prior to and during their stay.
To confirm a reservation: A signed application and a 25% deposit of estimated usasge fees will be required to confirm reservations. A written confirmation of dates with deposit request will be sent when an application is accepted.
To cancel a reservation: Please notify Babler OEC immediately. Deposits will be refunded with a 60-day written notice, with no deposit being given for less than 60 days notice. Cancellation within 30 days of reservation will require payment of full usage costs according to estimated numbers given on the application.
Create a Program for Your Group
Specializing in outdoor education, environmental education, teambuilding and outdoor skills, Babler OEC staff can work with you to create a custom, age-appropriate program for your group. Whether you want to participate in a half-day, full-day or overnight program, Babler OEC has many options to meet your needs. Depending on the size of the group, programs can be taught by Babler OEC staff or through a combination of Babler OEC staff and individuals from your group. Program costs vary depending on the length of the program, size of the group and program topic.
Popular program topics include, but are not limited to:
- Bird Watching
- Forest Ecology
- Missouri Animals & Habitats
- Orienteering/Map and Compass
- Outdoor Creativity (artwork made with natural resources)
- Outdoor Cooking
- Pond Ecology
- Sensory Activities
- Survival Skills (fire and/or shelter buliding)
- STEM-based Programs
- Teambuilding/Challenge Course
Don't see a program listed? No problem! Our expert Babler OEC staff will work with you design a customized program to meet your needs.
Complete a program request form and our staff will follow up to answer any questions and begin the planning process: