Parkway-Rockwood Community Ed believes that youth sports play an important role in health and development and serve as a positive outlet for children. Our priority is to provide youth sports programming in a safe and effective manner. The guidelines listed below cover Community Ed sports and aquatics programs. Program modifications have been put in place in accordance with and as permitted by St. Louis County Department of Public Health guidelines.
Health Screening Process
- Every coach, instructor, athlete, participant, or official will be screened before they enter the field, campus, or facility where the sporting activity is designated to occur. They must wear a face mask for the duration of the health screening unless masking is not possible due to a medical condition.
- Spectators may also be subject to screening and temperature checks.
- The screening process is as follows:
- Each individual will be asked if they have experienced any of the following new or worsening symptoms within the past 24 hours:
- Fever (temperature greater than 100 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Shortness of breath or trouble breathing
- Sore throat, different than your seasonal allergies
- Loss of smell and/or taste
- Diarrhea or vomiting
- Abdominal pain
- If they have a close contact who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 2 weeks.
- If an athlete, instructor, coach, or official answers “yes” to any of the screening questions, he or she MUST not enter the field, campus, or facility where the sporting activity is designated to occur and will be sent home immediately and told to notify his or her health care provider. If the athlete’s parents, guardians, or other transportation provider are not present, the athlete will be escorted to a designated area away from others, and the athlete MUST wear a mask or face covering at all times.
Restrictions and Requirements
- Social distancing MUST be maintained as much as possible during practice and games.
- Players, officials, and instructors MUST wear a face covering, including during games, practices, and while training if done indoors. If the practice or game is outside, the player is not required to wear a face-covering while engaging in vigorous physical activity.
- Coaches and players MUST wear mask/face coverings at all times.
- Players and coaches should sanitize their hands regularly (hand sanitizer will be provided).
- Equipment and balls used during practices and games will be disinfected as much as possible during the activity with an EPA certified product.
- Wearing masks before, during, and immediately following activities is required, including prior to screening.
- For aquatics programs, participants should come dressed in their swimsuits. Limited use of locker rooms to change following program will be allowed.
- No spectators are allowed at practices for sports programs.
- Limited spectators are allowed - one spectator per participant may attend - for SwimAmerica programs.
- Limited spectators are allowed at sports games for students in grades K-8 - one spectator per participant may attend.
- No spectators are allowed at sports games for students in grades 9-12.
- All spectators must wear a face covering at all times and maintain social distance.
- Limit of two coaches per team.
- Practice and game times will be spaced out to limit the number of athletes and others in the area.
- Players should bring their own balls for practice. Balls will be provided for games. Equipment will be disinfected between games.
- Water bottles MUST not be shared. An individual athlete may use his or her own water bottle, which should be clearly marked with his or her name.
- Team huddles, handshakes, fist bumps, and other unnecessary physical contact are not allowed.
- Athletes and spectators should leave the premises immediately following practices and/or games.
- Any additional restrictions or requirements for a specific program will be communicated to program participants in advance.
Guidelines subject to change based on St. Louis County guidelines. View full details of St. Louis County guidelines for youth sports
Community Ed staff can be reached via the following methods Monday-Friday from 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. if you have any questions: