Spotlight Productions Canceled for 2020
are sad to announce that we are canceling the show this summer due to
the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. As a result, we will not
be holding auditions on May 26 & 27. While we are certainly
disappointed, we believe this is the right decision at this time based
on anticipated restrictions related to health and safety guidelines and
our unknown ability to be able to hold live performances for audiences.
We very much look forward to returning next summer with another
Spotlight Productions performance. Watch for show information coming
later this year.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. Should you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com
Our simple, non-intimidating audition process is:
- Open to anyone ages 6 and up
(some productions require additional age restrictions due to licensing agreements)
- Open to all experience levels
Our cast members will learn about the many aspects of live musical theater through workshops and activities throughout the rehearsal process. At the conclusion of the program, participants put on a full-stage production (four performances over one week/weekend) open to the public with tickets available for purchase. The $325 participation fee includes a t-shirt, photo CD, DVD, and other bonus materials.
- Prepare 16-32 measures of a song of your choice. Please do not select a song from the show for which you are auditioning. You must provide sheet music for your song selection.
- Headshot (does not need to be professional)
- Appropriate dance attire such as leotards, tights, dance clothing, ballet slippers, jazz shoes, and character shoes. Dance appropriate clothing: DOES NOT include jeans, low cut tops, clunky shoes, flip flops, overly revealing tops, pants, or dresses (unless appropriate garments are worn underneath). Be prepared to move around and possibly sit on the floor. Do not wear anything that might restrict that movement. You will be taught a short dance routine and perform it for the artistic staff.
- Please provide the audition form and conflict calendar that will be attached to your audition appointment confirmation email upon arrival for your audition appointment. Please fill them out completely and bring them with you to your scheduled audition appointment.
Rehearsals will begin in early summer. They will primarily take place Monday through Friday from 2-5 p.m. There are evening and weekend requirements as we get closer to the performance dates.