Our simple, non-intimidating audition process is:
- Open to anyone ages 6 and up
(some productions require additional age restrictions due to licensing agreements)
- Open to all experience levels
Our cast members will learn about the many aspects of live musical theater through workshops and activities throughout the rehearsal process. At the conclusion of the program, participants put on a full-stage production (six shows over two weekends) open to the public with tickets available for purchase. The $325 participation fee includes a t-shirt, photo CD, DVD, and other bonus materials.
Auditions for 2020 are April 17-18.
How to Sign Up for an Audition
Auditions for the 2020 summer production will be April 17 and 20. You can schedule your audition at the Summer Expo
from 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. at Parkway West High or beginning March 1 by filling out a form online.
- Prepare 16-32 measures of a song of your choice. Please do not select a song from the show for which you are auditioning. You must provide sheet music for your song selection.
- Headshot (does not need to be professional)
- Appropriate dance attire such as leotards, tights, dance clothing, ballet slippers, jazz shoes, and character shoes. Dance appropriate clothing: DOES NOT include jeans, low cut tops, clunky shoes, flip flops, overly revealing tops, pants, or dresses (unless appropriate garments are worn underneath). Be prepared to move around and possibly sit on the floor. Do not wear anything that might restrict that movement. You will be taught a short dance routine and perform it for the artistic staff.
- Please provide the audition form and conflict calendar that will be attached to your audition appointment confirmation email upon arrival for your audition appointment. Please fill them out completely and bring them with you to your scheduled audition appointment.
Rehearsals will begin in early summer. They will primarily take place Monday through Friday from 2-5 p.m. There are evening and weekend requirements as we get closer to the performance dates.