Rockwood Thunder Volleyball Club exists to build and enhance the lives of youth and junior athletes and their families through a full spectrum of volleyball based on technical, mental, physical training and character development.
- Rockwood Thunder Volleyball Club is a select Volleyball Club whose primary guiding principles surround the creation of a strong, flexible foundation, framework for an athlete's character and childhood development into their formative teenage years.
- Emphasis lies on self-reliant discipline and goal setting, developed alongside increasing independence and accountability for actions on and off the court.
- Our development and guidance of this young athlete's character is achieved through diligent training of the biomechanically sound volleyball technique, inclusion within a club family with individual athletic responsibility towards a team's goals, and team performance under pressure of high profile competition.
- As a club, we strongly feel there are invaluable lessons to be learned by athletes and parents through successes and failures in the practice gym as well as the performance stage-lessons that serve and enable the adolescent to manage life as young adults.
- Through all that the club aims to provide, the ever present principle of playing youth sports remains - nuturing the passion and love of volleyball.