We believe that lifelong learning programs play an important role in health and development and serve as a positive outlet for youth, families and adults. Our priority is to provide programs in a safe and effective manner. The guidelines listed below cover Community Ed art, enrichment and outdoor education programs and events. Program/event modifications have been put in place in accordance with and as permitted by St. Louis County Department of Public Health guidelines.
Health Screening Process
- All program instructors and participants will be screened either before or upon arrival at the facility where the program is designated to occur. If taking place at the facility, they must wear a face mask for the duration of the health screening unless masking is not possible due to a medical condition.
- The screening process is as follows:
- Each individual will be asked if they have experienced any of the following new or worsening symptoms within the past 24 hours:
- Fever (temperature greater than 100 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Shortness of breath or trouble breathing
- Sore throat, different than your seasonal allergies
- Loss of smell and/or taste
- Diarrhea or vomitting
- Abdominal pain
- If they have a close contact who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 2 weeks.
- If an instructor or participant answers "yes" to any of the screening questions, he or she MUST not enter the facility where the program is designated to occur and will be sent home immediately and told to notify his or her health care provider. If the individual's transportation provider is not present, the individual will be escorted to a designated area away from others, and the individual MUST wear a mask or face covering at all times.
Restrictions and Requirements
- Drop-off/Pick-Up Process: Some youth programs will have a designated parent drop-off/pick-up procedure process as parents will not be allowed into the building. For these programs, you will receive drop-off/pick-up information prior to the start of the program.
- Social distancing MUST be maintained as much as possible during the program. Due to the nature of some programs, social distancing of 6 feet per person among program participants and/or program staff may not be possible.
- Masks/face coverings MUST be worn anytime an indvidiual is not engaging in vigorous physical activity, and may be required at all times by some programs.
- Instructors MUST wear mask/face coverings at all times except when engaged in vigorous physical activity.
- Instructors and participants should sanitize their hands regularly (hand sanitizer will be provided).
- Equipment used during program will be disinfected as much as possible during the program with an EPA certified product.
- Wearing masks before, during and immediately following the program is required, including prior to screening.
- Individuals not registered for the program are not allowed in the program facility.
- Individuals should leave the premises immediately following the end of the program.
Questions? Community Ed staff can be reached via the following methods Monday-Friday from 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. If you have any questions: